Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Edible Gifts: Irish Cream and Pistachio Fudge and Dark Chocolate Kahlua Fudge


These two delicious fudge recipes are from the blog Eat Good 4 Life. Irish cream pistachio fudge is made with white chocolate. Dark chocolate kahlua fudge also has almonds. Both are heavily rich! Even a small cube is luxurious.


Last Christmas I gave these as gifts to my colleagues. I wrapped up two pieces of each kind of fudge with plastic wrap and ribbons.


I made two 9"x9" (23 x 23 cm) pans of fudge. Then I used my baking ruler (just a regular ruler that I keep scrupulously clean) to cut it into 1" squares. I actually trimmed the sides and then cut 64 squares.... So that meant that I had plenty of gifts plus Anthony and I ate all the oddly shaped side bits!


I made the fudge over two evenings. On the first evening I melted the chocolate, added the liquor and nuts, and poured the fudge into pans to set.


On the second evening I did the cutting and wrapping. I added stickers on the bottom of the packages so I could write little thank yous to the colleagues who have helped me.


The fudge was very well received. The alcohol taste was just enough to be noticeable but still very much a background flavour. The fudge tasted more of silky smooth chocolate and nuts. I'll definitely make both kinds again as they made perfect gifts.


Other edible gifts:



Do you like to give (or receive) edible gifts?

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails