Friday, May 17, 2013

Dirty Dishes


The dirty dishes seem to be taking over my life. What you can see here is all of my counter space - really, that's all the countertop in my small Hong Kong kitchen. And it's all covered in dirty dishes.

It doesn't take much to fill this space with a mess. Every night when I cook dinner it looks like a bomb has gone off in this spot - or so says my husband. So every night I try to clear the kitchen counter completely and wash everything before going to bed. And I try to do this several times on the weekend. Washing dishes seems to be my life's work. (I can't wait until I have a dishwasher one day.)

It's hard to feel creative in the kitchen when it's like this. So I have been sticking to very simple meals lately (below: eggs, veggies, and cauliflower hummus). And washing all of the dishes.



Do you have a dishwasher? 
Do you have a problem that stops your creativity in the kitchen?

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails