Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Quick Carrot Pickles


Oh, the Olympics! I love them. Summer Olympics are great, but I like the winter games best. I'm Canadian! We've got five channels of Olympics and I'm flicking between them with glee. I want to watch hockey, speed skating, figured skating. curling, snowboarding, biathlon, moguls; oh, all of it!

Tonight I'm watching curling. You know, there is so much strategy and skill involved. The players have microphones so you can hear them discussing their strategies--sometimes that is the best part. It's amazing that they can throw those heavy rocks down the ice sheet with such precision.


I'm keeping up to date with Canada's medals tally on their official team website. Meanwhile, in the kitchen I just have time to throw together these quick pickles. It takes a few minutes of prep, then they sit happily in the fridge for an hour or a week. They garnish whatever food I scrounge together to eat in front of the TV. The recipe is from Donna Hay's website.

This dish is part of our Wednesdays with Donna Hay blogging group. If you want to join us, next week we are making chilli chicken wraps from Off the Shelf. Visit the others in my blogging group to see if they liked the recipe: Margaret from Tea and Scones, Gaye from Laws of the Kitchen, and Chaya from Bizzy Bakes.

Do you prefer the summer or winter Olympics?

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails