Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekend Links #34

Weekend Links is a way of sharing all the engrossing things I see around the internet. I publish Weekend Links approximately every two weeks. As usual, I welcome your ideas and feedback.

It's a drinks-themed set of links this time, with tea, coffee, and ginger-ade featured. I love me a mug of tasty stuff to sip.

food reading links:
--A good discussion on The Kitchn centred around meal planning and allowing inspiration to strike. One reader plans "improv night" on the day of grocery shopping so she can cook whatever sparked her interest at the shops. Also, I love that someone has a spreadsheet for recipes.
--Yippee, several huge studies show that coffee helps you live longer (from Authority Nutrition). But obviously, adding sugar would kind of defeat any idea of healthiness.
--The science and psychology of a diet cheat day (from Q by Equinox).


recipe links:
--After my recent success with making sauerkraut at home, I am turning my thought to other fermented foods. Here's a recipe for homemade ginger-ade (from Sarah Wilson).
--I believe it is time to try turmeric tea (from Hello Kirst).
--Raw zucchini alfredo (which is also vegan, from Choosing Raw). I hope to buy a spiralizer soon. And while we're at it, here's some raw pad thai (from The Wholesome Athlete).

off-topic links:
--How a fear of missing out causes us to get off the path we should be on (from Hearing the Heartbeat).
--I am intrigued by this kitchen has a recessed cooking area (from The Kitchn). (I originally clicked through because the house in in Toronto, though, somewhere I wonder if I would enjoy living.)
--I discovered Fiverr, a site where you can buy products and services for $5. For example, someone who will stamp a message on a fork, spoon, or knife. Or someone who will mail you a postcard from Toronto. Or someone who will write your message in cappuccino foam.
--I love this sparkly blue sports bra (from Lorna Jane).

What engrossing things have you seen around the internet?
What is your favourite drink?


Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails