Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pea and Mint Soup

File this one under "food that looks ugly but tastes good". It's a blended soup made with green peas (fresh or frozen), two small potatoes, and a big handful of fresh mint. My tongue was amazed at the vibrant flavour considering how dull-looking the soup was. The fresh mint was foremost and made me feel as though I was eating summer in a warm bowl. The peas jumped out at me next, with the smooth cream bringing up the rear.

Part of the reason the soup looked so terrible: I left on the skins of the potatoes. They were brown and made the resulting soup have a brownish tinge. I suppose that shows that I care more about the nutrition of my food than the beauty of the pictures. And I definitely care about taste!


So this soup definitely had a great taste and was full of healthy stuff, such as potato skins. Please try it out using Donna Hay's recipe (found here).

This post my contribution to the Wednesdays with Donna Hay blogging group, though I am a little out of sync with the others. Today they are writing about rice paper rolls. I have made them before (though not from a Hay recipe) and my post is here.

Meanwhile, visit the others in my blogging group to see if they liked their recipe: Margaret from Tea and Scones, Kayte from Grandma's Kitchen Table, Gaye from Laws of the Kitchen, and Chaya from Bizzy Bakes. If you want to join us, next week we are making zucchini and ricotta frittata.

Which is most important to you: the taste, look, or nutrition of your food?

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails